Power Snatch x 35
This challenge is open to all fitness and skill levels
Signup Online Here
Baseline: Fri. April 27th
Finals: Sat. June 23rd
Entry Fee: $30 ($35 after April 20th)
Prize Pool: $20 from each entry
Most Improved (for EACH division, minimum 3 athletes in division)
Fastest Times (advanced only)
Advanced – men: 120 lbs; women: 75 lbs
Intermediate – men: 85 lbs; women: 55 lbs
Beginner – men: 45 lbs; women: case-by-case
How the challenge works:
- Get Registered – The sign-up sheet is located at CrossFit Genesis. Your challenge entry fee will be charged to your credit card on file (and remember that $20 goes into the “kitty” for prize money).
- Challenge Baseline – Friday, April 27th during all classes, set your preliminary time. This will be the time from which we calculate your improvement.
- Train – CrossFit for 8 weeks with the intention of improving your time.
- Show Up for the Finals – Saturday, June 23rd at CrossFit Genesis, join your fellow CrossFitters in an event intended to blow you away as everybody attempts to set a new PR!
- You must choose the division you are going to compete in and stay in that division for the finals.
- Rankings for time:
- Participants will be ranked within their divisions based on time.
- Rankings for improvement:
- The participants in each division will be ranked according to percentage improvement.
- Prizes will be awarded to the athletes with the highest percentage improvement for each division in which there are at least 3 competitors.
- Movement Standards:
- The barbell must start on the floor and be lifted overhead in one movement. Pressing out will NOT be allowed.
- At the finish of each rep, the athlete’s knees, hips, shoulders and elbows must be fully extended.
- The barbell CANNOT be bounced out of the bottom.