A warehouse is a place for storage of products. Most companies have their own warehouses, where they store the products they manufacture. An ongoing pattern in warehousing has been the development of 3pl businesses. These outsider logistics firms would have their own warehouses where they could store and handle goods of different organizations. For a business, rather than investing money to construct and maintain a warehouse, outsourcing presents a cheaper alternative. They outsource their solutions to warehousing companies that are professional organizations that are experienced in handling warehouses.
The warehouse management system singapore have Well-prepared and spacious warehouses, where they shop products belonging to different companies. They handle all of the warehousing work on behalf of their customer. The services offered by these warehousing businesses can enable a company to carry out its logistics operations in a more proficient way. Let us examine what sort of services these companies provide.
Warehousing Firms in India provide the Entire gamut of services required by a company for its logistics operations. Broadly these solutions can be classified under three heads namely – inbound marketing solutions, warehouse storage, and outbound logistics providers.
1) Inbound logistics services
These solutions involve handling of products as Received from the customer’s factory. It involves the following actions:
- The goods could be gotten from the customer’s site by the warehousing company and transported to their warehouse.
- On receipt of the goods, they are unloaded, confirmed, and put on to a pallet to be transferred into the warehouse.
- On receipt, the stock would be upgraded to mirror the incoming merchandise. Most warehousing businesses would utilize a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to automate warehouse operations. This guarantees easy monitoring, managing, and reporting.
- The goods can have a bar code or RFID tag attached to it. This guarantees easy data section using a bar code scanner or a RFID scanner. This saves manual section of information.
- The products are then moved to the warehouse in which they are stored in the designated place.
- Cross-docking services are also provided where required by the customer. Here the products never go into the warehouse. On receipt from the customer site, they are checked and discharged to the distribution community or to the customer.
In some instances, repackaging may be required. Repackaging would be performed according to the directions of the Customer.